Sunday, January 6, 2019

:: Winter Vacation : Day Two | Nashville ::

** Warning this is a long post and very photo heavy because Day Two included the Johnny Cash Museum, and Nashville, and JO-H-NNY C.A.S.H! **

We began our second day with continental breakfast at the hotel, because why wouldn't we take advantage of feeding all five of us for free.?.


We drove thru a bit of Shawnee National Park (we think) on our way out of Illinois. (Another of my bucket list items.) Which since we technically didn't get there, I'm pretty sure we will need to go back and hike it one day. Sorry honey! ;)


We made our way into Kentucky & finally into Tennessee!


Our first stop in Nashville was actually at the Grand Ole Opry. Although it wasn't really on our list of places we were going to see, it was a good place to land and had ample parking.


^^ This was the moment I handed over my very expensive camera to a complete stranger to get a picture of all of us together. It only took about two seconds until panic began to set it. It was a nice family who had actually asked me to take their photo first. Still, I was relieved he didn't take off running with my camera in hand. Phew. Not doing that again. 

We didn't go into the actual Opry, although I definitely want to go back there some day. The kids weren't too interested, so why waste the money. We went into the gift shop instead. 
This was where my souvenir shopping began. 
I knew I would be in trouble in Nashville!


There was a Bass Pro around the corner, so that was of course on the top of the kids' list.


Okay, time for downtown! Eeek! I was SO excited.


We drove downtown and immediately realized this place was crazy! Like a TON of people. Where in the heck where we supposed to park this beast of a truck my husband drives? (It does not fit into a parking garage.)  A quick message to a friend who lives there and she saved the day. Thank you Kaitlin!!


We ( I ) be-lined it straight to the Johnny Cash Museum. Yes!! Bucket List (check)


The crowd was no smaller inside the museum then outside. Oye, big cities!
We paid nearly $100. for all five of us to get in, but I knew that before going.
In my mind, it was totally worth it. In the kids', not so much.
I wish I could have seen every tiny detail in there, but most of the time it required peering over someone else's shoulder. 


^^^ As a photographer, this series of photos is my favorite. The out takes, the imperfect poses, the natural love and connection between them, yes!


Back outside to walk down a few blocks. Yes, I was a total "tourist" and had my camera out the entire time. Even while walking across the street. 

The colors of Nashville are amazing! I WILL get back there when I can experience more of the sound and to find all of the amazing murals.
I'd say the perfect place to celebrate my 40th birthday in a few years. Hint, hint, honey. ;)


After a nice supper at Jonathon's Grille (which was right across from our hotel), we hung out in our room, and then watched Ella swim for a bit.
Note: We stayed in the Cool Springs / Franklin area. It is a bit outside of Nashville and cheaper to stay there. And again, had an actual parking lot where we could park Aaron's truck.






No comments:

Post a Comment