Friday, January 26, 2018

:: Digital Scrapbooking & How I Scrapbook Now ::

I began scrapbooking when our oldest son was just a baby & I am so glad I did.
The how and why I scrapbook has changed many times over the past 15 years, but I don't regret a single one of them. It has allowed me to capture and document so much of our lives and to tell our story.
I started out documenting in 8 1/2 x 11 albums using both Creative Memories & Stampin Up!.
I sold Stampin' Up! for many years and met many amazing friends by doing so. I even earned a cruise which my mom & I went on. I'll never forget it!
When I started my photography business, I still scrapbooked, but changed to 12x12 albums. I did some design and guest design work for many scrapbooking companies in the industry, attended a few trade shows, designed for our local scrapbooking store, and again met many many wonderful people.
I did Project Life style scrapbooking for a few years and I still have to say that's probably my favorite way of scrapbooking when it comes to traditional scrapbooking.
In Spring of 2015 I dove a bit more into the digital world. I did some pages with the digital PL app as well as designed digitally for a few companies for awhile. But as life goes,  things changed & I had to give up a few "deadlines". So, I resigned from all of my design team obligations.
I still currently scrapbook digitally, only now printing them into 12x12 Shutterfly books.
I LOVE these!
I can typically fit our entire year into 2 of the Shutterfly albums. Although I don't strictly follow that either. If I run out of space to add pages, I wait for a sale, print it, and begin a new one.
2017 actually ended up with 3 books since we had a bit extra to document last year.
I love that these books are so condensed compared to the traditional 12x12 albums. I found this storage cubical on Walmart.com for around $80. I love it & in fact I have two of them. And yes, they are both full of scrapbooks & our memories.
I choose the option to have photos on the front and back of our books. It's possibly my favorite part.
I also pay a bit extra for the thicker lay-flat page. I think its well worth it!
I've uploaded a few (Okay, a lot) of snapshots of the inside of my books to give you an idea of how they look. 
I totally just noticed I spelled ARROW wrong in the title. UGH! Well, I guess my kids and grandkids will remember how horrible I was at spelling and double checking myself. LOL!

I truly hope someday my kids will sit down and look through our many books of memories and cherish each one.
-Or-
Maybe they will look at the stack of books and think "what in the hell am I going to do with all of these". ;)
Either way, I encourage you to document your life and tell your story. 
Tomorrow is never promised. Your photos, your written words, and your shared memories will someday be all they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment