Friday, January 5, 2018

:: Rest | My 2018 Word ::


I've been thinking about what my 2018 word would be over the past couple of months & the word "REST" kept popping up in different ways for me.
Last year's word (BREATH) took on a huge life of it's own & helped not only me, but my whole family through a year of trials. It will unofficially always be my "word".

This year I find myself searching for (REST). Not only in the physical form as in naps. (Although that's been a big part of my life lately; especially during my chemo weeks). I hate to admit I take naps because I feel lazy, but I've come to understand that they are important and it is in fact okay to close my eyes for an hour during the day if I'm lucky enough to do so.
For me the word (REST) will mean to allow my self to (REST) mentally.  To let go of the "what ifs, the whens, the whys"and work more on the joys of today.

Last year I allowed myself to let go of a lot of things.
:: I miserably failed at my garden, but still managed to can a small amount of things for winter.
It's okay.
:: I took my business work load down big time & spent so much more time with my family.
It's absolutely okay!
:: I gave up beekeeping & let my hives swarm. (Maybe I'll get back to it someday.)
It's okay.
:: I didn't take up running again like I had dreamed of, but I did spend many early mornings with a good friend walking the backroads and laughing and looking up at the stars.
:: It's absolutely okay!
:: And there's many more "I did nots", but ...
It's okay.

I found this and fell in love ::
May this next season for you be one of REST, Revival, and Renewal.
May you experience the REST of God in your most trying circumstances;
and as a result, find peace and bear fruit where there's only been angst and thorns.
May you experience a personal Revival that changes how you pray, what you say,
and where you put your time. And may you experience such soul  Renewal that even
the old things in your life feel new. God doesn't make things "nice", He makes things new.
Trust Him to do a brand new work in you in the days ahead.
~ Susie Larson



No comments:

Post a Comment