Wednesday, January 10, 2018

:: How do you organize? | Planner Talk ::

I've been working on my 2018 calendar and getting my planner organized to take on the new year. I wanted to share with you what planner I use. I know there are SO many cool ones out there that you can purchase, but when I started creating this one last year I wanted one that was as close to free as I could get, yet still customizable.
I discovered Scattered Squirrel via Pinterest last year and have never looked back.
I love her printables + they are FREE!!!
I just use a standard 3 ring binder because I love that you can easily add, replace, or take out sheets as you need. I also frequent the office supply isle at Walmart to see what they have in the way of cool post it notes, tabs, markers, etc. And if they are in the clearance section, even better!
I try and stay clear of looking these sort of things up on Amazon because I'd get myself into a whole bunch of trouble. These markers are my favorite! My kids tease me because I won't let them touch MY markers. I do the same with my colored pencils. Back off kids! ;)
Because I don't scrapbook with traditional scrapbooking supplies anymore (I'll touch base on this more in a future post), I tend to add stamps, stickers, washi tape, and a few other left over supplies in my planner. This allows me to be creative & makes my planner MINE. My favorite go to companies are Studio Calico, Bella Blvd, & Elle's Studio.
 
I also discovered what's called Bullet Journaling. Now, I've always been a LIST maker. Like I make lists for my lists. It not only keeps me organized, but when I get to cross something off my list, it's like SUCCESS. The bullet journaling adds some art and fun to it. When the sheet is full or complete, I throw it away and draw a new one. Sometimes I do them weekly, sometimes until they are full. That's the fun part! I get to draw, play with markers, & write my to-do list while I sip my morning coffee. It relaxes me, helps me feel somewhat in order, and let's my brain REST.
I have a ton of fun things pinned HERE on my Pinterest board as well.

Please share:What kind of planner do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment