Wednesday, June 24, 2015

:: Vacation Bible School Tshirt Test Run ::

This year I was asked to head up the Craft area at our local VBS. Which has nearly 200 kids attend for a week long amazing experience!
Because I tend to freak out and worry about something missing or not being right, my kids and I will be testing out each project and making a supply list. Which doubles as a fun activity for us to do at home anyways, right?
Yesterday we started with the T-shirts for the 1st-5th graders. Ella did a little tank top so she'd have something extra to where that week too.
We started by cutting cross templates out of cardboard.
Using a permanent marker the kids traced the cross onto the shirt.
Then, using painters tape (or masking tape) they simply created a mask and went crazy with acrylic paint. At first we just did the inside of the cross but thought it was a bit boring so we fanned out the color around the cross as well.
The kids thought they were so awesome once they peeled off the tape!
After Ella's dried I wrote the Bible points around the cross. I'm not sure we will be able to have the kids do this at camp because of dry time, but thought we could at least show it as something they could do later. Or it could be a fun place to write their favorite camp memories. 
Because today rained out my photo session we will be working on the other projects! I have to admit. This is way fun for me! I just have a hard time remembering that there will be SO many kids doing them and they only have 25 minutes at the station per day. Time for some planning!
Oh and this is the current situation on my kitchen table. It's a good thing Aaron understands my artsy fartsy messes. 
Happy rainy Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. How did the acrylic paint wash up? We usually use sharpie markers then drop alcohol onto them to make them look tie-dyed. I like the paint idea!

    ReplyDelete